BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Labels

Art (4) baby (5) blogs (3) cleaning (4) Dear Mom (5) educational (13) entertainment (11) Free Stuff (3) fun (8) Grrumbles (4) humor (14) issues (10) lunch (3) Medical (9) My Family (13) pregnancy (1) Preschoolers (5) Products (3) reading (1) safety (4) solutions (19) Teens (1) Toddlers (5) Tweens (3)

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dora

I'm sitting here today watching Dora the Explorer.

Well, I'm actually working and painting while Marisa is watching Dora the Explorer, but that's beside the point.

The episode we're watching has little Dora trying to become a True Princess. One of the tasks involves teaching rocks how to sing. Unfortunately the rocks are guarded by the grumpy giant. It turns out that the giant is grumpy because he's lost his puppy.

Dora offers to help the giant find his lost puppy so he won't be so grumpy anymore.

You may wonder why I'm talking about this - unless, of course, your name is Toni.

You see, my friend Toni is a bit obsessed with the injustices and neglect that poor Dora must suffer. You can visit her at The Mind of a Mom to see just what I mean.

Well, I'm listening to the episode while I'm in the bedroom painting and it occurs to me:

SOMEBODY REALLY SHOULD HAVE TAUGHT DORA NOT TO HELP STRANGERS WHO'VE LOST THEIR PUPPIES.

Isn't this what we tell our children. If a stranger approaches you and tells you they need help to find their lost puppy that the child should go find their grown up immediately?

So today - in honor of Dora and Toni - I would like to remind you to review the standard measures of safety with your children. Be sure to point out that cartoons and television programs are not exactly real.

Toni - I hope you've enjoyed your very own special post. I thought about you today. Your day is now complete.

1 comments:

The Mind of a Mom said...

See, I was right to be concerned. Little Dora is off with srangers looking for puppies and her mom and dad are no where to be found :o(

Oh my gosh Shaunalynn that is hysterical!!! Thank you for the post it did indeed make my day!