BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Labels

Art (4) baby (5) blogs (3) cleaning (4) Dear Mom (5) educational (13) entertainment (11) Free Stuff (3) fun (8) Grrumbles (4) humor (14) issues (10) lunch (3) Medical (9) My Family (13) pregnancy (1) Preschoolers (5) Products (3) reading (1) safety (4) solutions (19) Teens (1) Toddlers (5) Tweens (3)

Monday, November 16, 2009

Oops

Ok. I'm an idiot.

You see, you should always pay attention to your three-year-old. And you should be especially worried when she is quiet. Too much quiet is never a good sign - you would think I would know this by now, but apparently I am a slow learner. (besides which, I really like quiet)

Shauna went to the church youth group last night (she is a youth leader) and left me to watch the girls. After bathtime, I was watching 'V' on teh intertubes while Kira slept on the couch and Marisa played. I looked over at her several times and there were no problems - she was playing with some ponies in the living room. But for about the last 15 minutes of the show, I didn't look over at her at all. She was being quiet and playing, right?

Well, sort of.

She found the scissors that she usually uses to cut paper and decided to make her hair "pretty."

She failed. Miserably.

Her hair is (was) shoulder-long and more or less all the same length. Now there is a big spot right on the back of her head that is about 1/4 inch long. This is not the best of all possible hairstyles for Marisa.

Fortunately, my darling bride chose not to smother me in my sleep last night.

Being technologically incompetent, I do not have pictures to post. Just trust me, it ain't pretty.

2 comments:

LODS said...

lmao!!! thats what my MIL always tells me that if they are very quiet something is usually up...Thats one of my biggest fear now, i have two girls and the oldest have hair down to her butt. I fear the day that the youngest which is 2 will try to decide and cut her big sisters hair...

The Mind of a Mom said...

ohhhhhhh you done a very bad thing! LoL
My dear Randal, you are not the first parent to have this happen, now I know how heart breaking it was when she had to have all her hair cut after surgery so maybe you want to tell your beautiful bride that you were letting her have reminiscent moment... :o)