BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Labels

Art (4) baby (5) blogs (3) cleaning (4) Dear Mom (5) educational (13) entertainment (11) Free Stuff (3) fun (8) Grrumbles (4) humor (14) issues (10) lunch (3) Medical (9) My Family (13) pregnancy (1) Preschoolers (5) Products (3) reading (1) safety (4) solutions (19) Teens (1) Toddlers (5) Tweens (3)

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pardon me.

This week has been a busy one. Today, I am having an all day party event, so the busy just keeps going.

We are celebrating today because I have now officially graduated from college. Yippee! It has taken 15 years for me to complete a single 4 year degree, thanks to the speed bumps of life that have marked my way.

In an extremely procrastinated effort to prepare the house for guests, I have enlisted my little helper to assist me in the cleaning process. Kira has been happily collecting toys and putting them in a basket for me. After she finishes her breakfast of chocolate striped cookies, she will begin helping me put the dirty clothes out of sight and picking up all her movies.

Randall has gone off to shop because I have not had the opportunity or the desire to do the party shopping. I convinced him that he needed to take Risa with him. Divide and conquer is a wonderful technique when there is work that needs to be done and little people that feel the need to be involved.

Perhaps as my little angels grow up, they will understand that working together is the best way to get the big jobs done. Or, more likely, they will have learned that bribery can make even the most distasteful jobs worth your effort.

Luckily, I have an entire pack of those chocolate striped cookies.

3 comments:

Petula said...

Congratulations on getting your degree. What fun! So how was the partee! :-)

Hey, I'll work for chocolate striped cookies too.

Anonymous said...

Congrads! I hope your party was a blast!
Take Care

Mom said...

Thank you, ladies. I have enjoyed this accomplishment more than I ever would have guessed.