BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Labels

Art (4) baby (5) blogs (3) cleaning (4) Dear Mom (5) educational (13) entertainment (11) Free Stuff (3) fun (8) Grrumbles (4) humor (14) issues (10) lunch (3) Medical (9) My Family (13) pregnancy (1) Preschoolers (5) Products (3) reading (1) safety (4) solutions (19) Teens (1) Toddlers (5) Tweens (3)

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Get the RED towel...

THIS IS COPIED FROM DEAR ABBY. I THINK IT'S SUCH A NEAT IDEA THAT I WANT TO SHARE IT WITH EVERYBODY. BUT I ALSO WANT TO BE SURE THAT EVERYBODY KNOWS WHERE IT CAME FROM ---- AVOID THOSE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENTS....


DEAR ABBY: My 4-year-old nephew recently cut his finger. When the story was being told by my sister, she mentioned telling her daughter to get out one of the red towels. "Red towel?" I asked. "Yes," she said. "I have four of them that I use only when the kids cut themselves. That way they don't see the blood, and the tears aren't as bad." I thought that was brilliant! -- KURT N., MILWAUKEE



DEAR KURT: It certainly shows preplanning. And it makes sense to me, because a small child who has suffered a minor injury often cries more out of fear than pain.

4 comments:

Web Design Solutions said...

Yeah you are right.It makes sense to use a red towel instead of any other colored towel.They usually cry more out of fear and even if there's a minor cut,if they see the blood,chances are they'll freak out even more.

sandy said...

Great idea. I just thought as I began to read it would be so it doesn't ruin a white towel or have trouble getting it to look clean. I used to use a red towel after I had my hair done (with those shampoo in colors), because for a week or so it would come off some on the towel.

Sandy

Carol said...

I really appreciate your thoughts and instead of using colored towel we should use red color towel specially for small children as they fear a lot by seeing blood...Thanks for sharing with us...

Suzanne said...

Thanks for sharing this idea with us. I think its good to use a red towel instead of any other color b'coz then the children won't get afraid of seeing the blood.