BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Labels

Art (4) baby (5) blogs (3) cleaning (4) Dear Mom (5) educational (13) entertainment (11) Free Stuff (3) fun (8) Grrumbles (4) humor (14) issues (10) lunch (3) Medical (9) My Family (13) pregnancy (1) Preschoolers (5) Products (3) reading (1) safety (4) solutions (19) Teens (1) Toddlers (5) Tweens (3)

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What Have I Done

I don't usually do these things. However, I found this at Petula's page and thought my readers might enjoy learnin a bit more about me. It won't happen often that I post this kind of thing here, so enjoy it while it lasts. And if you happen to be annoyed --- well, it will be over soon. Tomorrow is, afterall, another day.

Highlight the ones you've done. --- I'm going to highlight the things I've done and perhaps even include a few side notes about when and where. I hope you enjoy reading about some of the things I have done.

01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink

02. Swam with wild dolphins - In 2003 when Randall and I got married. We were married while on a cruise and chose to swim with dolphins as one of our port trips. I can't remember which port. Gibson was with us and we all had a wonderful time.

03. Climbed a mountain

04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive

05. Been inside the Great Pyramid

06. Held a tarantula

07. Taken a candlelit bath - not very often anymore...

08. Said I love you and meant it

09. Hugged a tree

10. Bungee jumped

11. Visited Paris

12. Watched a lightning storm at sea - very cool to see...

13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise - not too many times

14. Seen the Northern Lights

15. Gone to a huge sports game - Braves

16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa

17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables - when I was a kid

18. Touched an iceberg

19. Slept under the stars

20. Changed a baby's diaper

21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon

22. Watched a meteor shower

23. Gotten drunk on champagne

24. Given more than you can afford to charity

25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope

26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment

27. Had a food fight - and water fights in the house...

28. Bet on a winning horse

29. Asked out a stranger - His name was Jay. I met him at the Halloween costume store at Town
Center mall. We dated for about 3 months. He was about 2 years younger than me. He had the most beautiful sky blue eyes and dark black hair and a very sexy voice. I still can't believe I had the nerve to ask him out. Even more, I can't believe he actually said yes.

30. Had a snowball fight - every time we manage to get any little bit of snow around here...

31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can - OH YEAH....usually when the little ones are in the midst of a scream fest of their own. If I stand in the middle of the room and scream just like them it gets very quiet all of a sudden. Then they all burst into fits of giggles because Mommy is so silly.

32. Held a lamb

33. Seen a total eclipse

34. Ridden a roller coaster

35. Hit a home run

36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking

37. Adopted an accent for an entire day

38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment - several times a day when I think about how wonderful my husband and kids are

39. Had two hard drives for your computer

40. Visited all 50 states

41. Taken care of someone who was too drunk

42. Had amazing friends - one really amazing friend...not counting my husband

43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country

44. Watched wild whales

45. Stolen a sign

46. Backpacked in Europe

47. Taken a road-trip

48. Gone rock climbing

49. Midnight walk on the beach - Christmas of 1997 I decided to "check out" and fore go the entire family mess. I went on vacation to Florida all by myself. In the middle of the night I went to the hotel desk and borrowed a flashlight and went out on the beach alone to look for shells. The moon was full and it was such a wonderful night. Of course, I did make sure that the clerk knew I was down at the beach and that I would be returning the flashlight.

50. Gone sky diving

51. Visited Ireland

52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love

53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them - does a cruise ship restaurant count?

54. Visited Japan

55. Milked a cow

56. Alphabetized your CDs.

57. Pretended to be a superhero

58. Sung karaoke

59. Lounged around in bed all day - one of my FAVORITE activities that I rarely get to indulge these days.

60. Posed nude in front of strangers

61. Gone scuba diving

62. Kissed in the rain - My first kiss in the rain was Kenny. I was 14 and he was 13. We were out by the church bus after church and it was dark outside and raining. There have been other kisses in the rain, but none quite as special as that one.

63. Played in the mud

64. Played in the rain - every chance I get... I highly encourage rain play for my girls, too.

65. Gone to a drive-in theater - not in ages

66. Visited the Great Wall of China

67. Started a business

68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken

69. Toured ancient sites

70. Taken a martial arts class

71. Played a Computer game for more than 6 hours straight - does PlayStation 2 count?

72. Gotten married - twice

73. Been in a movie

74. Crashed a party

75. Gotten divorced - once, after two very long years of a very miserable marriage

76. Gone without food for 5 days

77. Made cookies from scratch

78. Won first prize in a costume contest

79. Ridden a gondola in Venice

80. Gotten a tattoo

81. Rafted the Snake River

82. Been on television news programs as an "expert"

83. Got flowers for no reason

84. Performed on stage

85. Been to Las Vegas

86. Recorded music

87. Eaten shark

88. Had a one-night stand - New Years Eve 1997. I can't even remember the guy's name. But his friend's name was Tom. I'm thinking I should've gone for the friend instead....but I wasn't really interested in any kind of relationship at the time.

89. Gone to Thailand

90. Bought a house

91. Been in a combat zone

92. Buried one/both of your parents

93. Been on a cruise ship - I've sailed Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian cruise lines. Royal Caribbean is my favorite. Randall and I were married in St. Thomas through Royal Caribbean's wedding services on August 4, 2003.

94. Spoken more than one language fluently --- Does toddler speak count?

95. Performed in Rocky Horror

96. Raised children

97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour

99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country

100. Picked up and moved to another city - yes, but still relatively close to where I grew up

101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge

102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking - even louder if the teenagers are in the car and it happens to be one of their friends who is looking...

103. Had plastic surgery

104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived - when I was 19 a drunk driver pulled out in front of me less than a car's length away. I was driving 55 to 60 and moved into the left lane (luckily no cars were coming), but I still hit the front end of that camaro really hard. I busted my mouth on the steering wheel and ended up having to have dental work done. I wasn't able to eat anything that required the use of my front teeth for several weeks.

105. Wrote articles for a large publication

106. Lost over 100 pounds

107. Held someone while they were having a flashback

108. Piloted an airplane

109. Petted a stingray - Yep, several times. This is such an amazing experience. I highly recommend this to everybody.

110. Broken some one's heart - Yes, more than one. The one that is most vivid in my mind, though, is when I broke Gibson's heart. When Kira was born, Gibson's grandmother brought him to the hospital to see me and meet her. It was very clear that he was devestated by this new invasion into his world. That was one of my most difficult parenting moments.

111. Helped an animal give birth

112. Won money on a T.V. game show

113. Broken a bone - my 5th and 7th rib in a bike accident when I was 10 years old. My little toe on my left foot about 2 months ago.

114. Gone on an African photo safari

115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced

116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol - do BB guns count?

117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild

118. Ridden a horse

119. Had major surgery - two CSections

120. Had a snake as a pet

121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon

122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours

123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states

124. Visited all 7 continents

125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days

126. Eaten kangaroo meat

127. Eaten sushi - EEL, it's cooked....

128. Had your picture in the newspaper

129. Changed some one's mind about something you care deeply about - yes, actually. I managed to change one person's mind about abortion being illegal. I explained to her that allowing this type of law to be made based on religion conviction would open the door to have other laws made based on religion. Because we can not always guarantee that our government leaders will hold our same religious convictions, it is best not to open that door. After I explained this to her, she began to see why some women may be pro-choice legally even though they are personally against abortion.

130. Gone back to school

131. Para sailed

132. Petted a cockroach

133. Eaten fried green tomatoes - YUM! if they are cooked right...

134. Read The Iliad

135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read

136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - do fish count?

137. Skipped all your school reunions - I have never been to any of my reunions. I don't plan to attend any of them, either.

138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language

139. Been elected to public office

140. Written your own computer language

141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream

142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care

143. Built your own PC from parts

144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you

145. Had a booth at a street fair - I make small purses for girls 12 and under. I had a booth at a church last year and sold several. I'll be setting up this fall, too. It's been kind of on hold due to everything else.

146. Dyed your hair

147. Been a DJ

148. Shaved your head

149. Caused a car accident - yep...I rearended somebody when I was just 16. Totalled my very first car with that one.

150. Saved some one's life - While I did not physically save Angel from dying, I do believe that being here for her and providing her with a home and a few years of proper parenting may well have saved her from a life of self destruction. She may not have been drowning in a body of water, but she was definitely going under and slipping through the cracks.

6 comments:

Memories Of Mine said...

This was fun to read. I might do this over at my blog next week if I get a chance. It's good to know you are perfectly normal :)
I havn't forgot about the photos either.

Anonymous said...

I have done:
1,2,3,6,7,8,9,10,12,13,15,19,20,22,24,25,27,29,30,33,34,35,37,38,41,42,44,45,47,48,49,55,56,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,67,68,69,70,71,72,74,80,85,87,88,89,90,92,93,95,96,100,102,108,109,110,116,118,127,128,129,130,134,135,137,138,141,148,149,150

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm

That didn't format right, sorry about that

Mom said...

That's OK, Mouse. This post was all about ME anyways.

ME! ME! ME!

Mom said...

If I get a chance, I will repost you comment from my email so it formats correctly.

Sweet Mouse!

Petula said...

Oh it was so wonderful to read more about you. I love your sidebar comments... LOL. Thanks for doing this.

I swam with a tame dolphin in a pool. I love dolphins and wish I could swim well enough to socialize in the wild!