BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Labels

Art (4) baby (5) blogs (3) cleaning (4) Dear Mom (5) educational (13) entertainment (11) Free Stuff (3) fun (8) Grrumbles (4) humor (14) issues (10) lunch (3) Medical (9) My Family (13) pregnancy (1) Preschoolers (5) Products (3) reading (1) safety (4) solutions (19) Teens (1) Toddlers (5) Tweens (3)

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Bit of Drama

I have a new blog friend, Tiffany, who asked me some time ago to read some of her writings off of her MySpace page. After reading this particular story, I was amazed at how well she drew me into her world. I urged her to post this - or at least let me post it here with her name attached. To my great pleasure, she did post this on her new blog, Mom. Wife. Me. You'll notice that I've added her to my Sites to See list. She deserves this honor, and I'm certain that she will bring a smile to many faces over the years. To give you a teaser, here is a short portion of her story. Yes, you'll have to go over to her page to read the rest. I'm just mean like that.

Diary of a Part-Time Housewife
Brought to you by Tiffany

Pulling into the driveway, my knuckles whiten against the steering wheel. The hairs stand up on the back of my neck, and my shoulders slump. I know it's in there, waiting on me. Mocking me.

Disgruntled, I heft my bag to one shoulder and the baby to the other. As I trudge up the stairs, I begin to smell it: soft, gentle, deceivingly sweet, it holds promises of wrinkles and static cling. The scent dances along my nerves. I open the door and glance around the living room. Everything seems calm, but I know it's a facade. I know there are still mountains to be moved, waiting just a few rooms away.

----

Yes, that's all you get from me. Just enough to make you want more. Now, to find out what lurks behind the hidden recesses of Tiffany's doors you'll have to go visit her page. The trip is well worth your time.

3 comments:

Petula said...

Sounds like a great read. I'll hope over in a bit.

Tiffany said...

I feel loved.

Lisa Petrarca said...

Off to read...way to grab my attention!LOL!