BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Labels

Art (4) baby (5) blogs (3) cleaning (4) Dear Mom (5) educational (13) entertainment (11) Free Stuff (3) fun (8) Grrumbles (4) humor (14) issues (10) lunch (3) Medical (9) My Family (13) pregnancy (1) Preschoolers (5) Products (3) reading (1) safety (4) solutions (19) Teens (1) Toddlers (5) Tweens (3)

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tip For The Day!

For one day, reconsider every single response.

I know that I usually respond to requests without really considering that response. Answering no to something is generally an automatic response. So today I will not say NO without stopping to consider the request. I'll try to say YES to every request that is not harmful. I'll say yes when Kira wants to paint instead of the usual "not right now" response. I'll say yes when Marisa wants to be picked up even though I'm busy doing other things. I'll say yes even when I want to say no if the reason I want to say no is not a valid reason.

So many times I say no without stopping to consider. I don't feel like dragging out all the paint supplies and cleaning up the mess so I say no. I don't want to stop what I'm doing because it's "important" so I tell Marisa I'll hold her later.

Today I will take time to do the things they want me to do. Today I'll try really hard to say yes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.....

Oh the requests that could be made....

Sherrie said...

Great idea. By the way, I tagged you in my latest blog post! So, go check it out! :)

Memories Of Mine said...

Oh, this is lovely. I think your girls will have big smiles on their faces today. I hope considering your responses brings a smile to your face to :).

Anonymous said...

This is a great point. I remember when my daughter was small I often would say "no" to a request. I was on autopilot, I realized in a few seconds or minutes. I often went back to her and said, "Hey babygirl, I have no idea why I said 'no'. Let's make that a 'yes'"!