BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Labels

Art (4) baby (5) blogs (3) cleaning (4) Dear Mom (5) educational (13) entertainment (11) Free Stuff (3) fun (8) Grrumbles (4) humor (14) issues (10) lunch (3) Medical (9) My Family (13) pregnancy (1) Preschoolers (5) Products (3) reading (1) safety (4) solutions (19) Teens (1) Toddlers (5) Tweens (3)

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Discipline

Over the next few days, I'm going to tackle the topic of discipline for children. This is often a very touchy topic, so I'll be approaching this with a great deal of humor and personal stories.

Everybody has issues with their children at times. Children just aren't born to be perfect little angels, no matter how deceiving their sleeping selves can be. They often find themselves in the midst of danger or chaos without even trying. As parents, we are frequently frustrated with their behavior and / or attitudes.

Discipline is an important part of parenting. It's a major portion of our jobs as parents to teach our children how to take responsibility for their actions and how to make choices that will lead to positive results. Start early and be consistent so that your children will grow up understanding that every action has a consequence - sometimes positive and sometimes not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trick to good parenting is a balancing act--have to balance love and discipline.

Michelle said...

I completely agree. Discipline is so very important. We started young with my little one and I can see the payoff already.

The Mother said...

I just posted my rant on discipline. Basically, I find psychological torture to be far more effective (and much less humiliating) than corporeal punishment. That said, a good swift swat on the arse sometimes is very useful to get a kid's attention.

Anonymous said...

hello. my first visit on your blog. hope you can drop mine too...