BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Labels

Art (4) baby (5) blogs (3) cleaning (4) Dear Mom (5) educational (13) entertainment (11) Free Stuff (3) fun (8) Grrumbles (4) humor (14) issues (10) lunch (3) Medical (9) My Family (13) pregnancy (1) Preschoolers (5) Products (3) reading (1) safety (4) solutions (19) Teens (1) Toddlers (5) Tweens (3)

Friday, May 22, 2009

Bits and Pieces

I'm up late tonight. I can't sleep, so I've been playing on the Internet. Here are a few quotes that I came across while enduring this particular night of insomnia. I can't really give you references because I can't recall exactly where they all came from. There were many different sites that I visited tonight.

I hope reading these quotes will bring a smile to your heart today.

---------------------------------------------------------

Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it. ~Not Your Average Dictionary

(To this I have to say: Not my boy!!! Gibson has rarely had any dirt on him. But if they want to substitute that and say it's the definition for a girl, they would have both my girls figured out.)

--

A characteristic of the normal child is he doesn't act that way very often. ~Author Unknown

--

A child can ask questions that a wise man cannot answer. ~Author Unknown

--

A three year old child is a being who gets almost as much fun out of a fifty-six dollar set of swings as it does out of finding a small green worm. ~Bill Vaughan

--

Children seldom misquote. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said. ~Author Unknown

--

It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. ~Frederick Douglass

--

Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands. -Anne Frank

--

If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much. -Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

--

"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them." Richard L. Evans

4 comments:

Petula said...

Love them! Especially the noise with dirt.

The Mother said...

That one about children never misquoting? SO true.

Kids have memories like elephants. For everything except schoolwork.

Anonymous said...

I love stuff like this. Thanks for sharing! Hope you had a good Memorial Day weekend.

Samantha Ysabelle said...

hello mommy! i am so sorry it took me a while to reply. i just added your link on my blog list as The Art and Science of Parenting. Take care!