BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Labels

Art (4) baby (5) blogs (3) cleaning (4) Dear Mom (5) educational (13) entertainment (11) Free Stuff (3) fun (8) Grrumbles (4) humor (14) issues (10) lunch (3) Medical (9) My Family (13) pregnancy (1) Preschoolers (5) Products (3) reading (1) safety (4) solutions (19) Teens (1) Toddlers (5) Tweens (3)

Monday, January 25, 2010

Magazines for the Younger Set

I'm hoping to subscribe to a magazine for Kira and one for Marisa soon because I know getting their own magazine will excite them and motivate them both towards extra reading. In my research, I have discovered something that I once thought was possible, but never bothered to check on before.

You know all those discount magazine offers? Yeah - well - not necessarily a discount. It pays to do a bit of shopping around before you place your order.

Examples:

Your Big Back Yard

Order from NWF and pay $19.95 for 10 issues.
Order from here and pay $24.00 for 10 issues. (I could pay $20 for 24 issues...)
Order from here and pay $9.49 for 12 issues.

National Geographic Little Kids

Order from NG and pay $15.00 for 10 issues.
Order from here and pay $53.95 for 22 issues. (I could pay $45 and get 30 issues from NG...)
Order from here and pay $24.95 for 6 issues.

Zootles

Order from Zoobooks and pay $29.95 for 6 issues. (I could get 12 issues for $30...)
Order from here and pay $25.95 for 6 issues.
Order from here and pay $15.75 for 6 issues.

So if you happen to be in the market for childrens magazines, be sure to do a bit of shopping around the web before you place your order. You may just be surprised to learn that what you thought was the best deal ... wasn't.

1 comments:

Petula said...

I've been wanting to get magazines for mine as well. Andre gets the Legos catalog and he thinks that's great. I know he would love the National Geographic one too. I've been looking for a few myself. I wonder why I never see any free subscriptions to those like the women's magazines. I'm going to have to look around for that and ask some of those expert freebie moms.

Oh, I forgot to show you my touch-less soap dispenser that I got to review. Remind me on Saturday. Thought about it when we were talking about review items. A few other things I can show you too. TTYS, SYS